|One of the main objectives of the Understanding China programme is to
create and enhance a dialogue on China related issues among different
European companies, researchers and policy makers. An active exchange of
knowledge, experience and best practices will be encouraged through a
number of tools and activities.
High-level Policy Summits - Three high-level international conferences over the 3.5 years of the programme. The high-level Policy Summits will be hosted by Friends of Europe, the independent Brussels-based think tank for EU policy analysis and debate.
Eight SME roundtables - These roundtables will be organised throughout the EU and will provide SMEs the opportunity to discuss with academia, business intermediaries, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders the key issues of relevance for European businesses working with China. The SME roundtable debates will be hosted by leading European Chambers of Commerce and will focus on four specific topics (IPR - Market Access - Clean Technologies - Investment), each treated twice in two different locations of the EU.
China Advisory Council (CAC) - The Understanding China programme also features the CAC which is an advisory body to the European Commission on economic policy vis-à-vis China. Each of the 17 members of the CAC brings along several years of business experience on China.
China Ideas Community - The interactive Understanding China website hosts the China Ideas Community boosting relevant research on EU-China business issues and acting as a one stop shop for SMEs searching business information on China.
- China Advisory Council on urbanisation - Brussels, Belgium, 8 March 2012
- SME Roundtable - Market Access - Prague, Czech Republic, 18 January 2012
- SME Roundtable - Investment - Stockholm, Sweden, 03 October 2011
- SME Roundtable - Clean Technologies - Madrid, Spain, July 2011
- China Advisory Council - China's 12th Five-Year Plan and Europe 2020 - Brussels, Belgium, 06 July 2011
- Training Programme 2011 - Opening Ceremony - Antwerp, Belgium,06 June 2011
- Understanding China Policy Summit: 'Doing business with China in the wake of the crisis' - Brussels, Belgium, 2 December 2010
- China Advisory Council - Green business in China - Brussels, Belgium, 1 December 2010
- SME roundtable - Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) - Turin, Italy, 22 November 2010
- SME roundtable - Investment - Valetta, Malta, 5 October 2010
- SME Roundtable - Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) - Hamburg, Germany, 7 July 2010
- Training Programme 2010 - Opening Ceremony - Antwerp, Belgium, 14 June 2010
- China Advisory Council - Beyond trade - Brussels, Belgium, 27 May 2010
- China Advisory Council - Brussels, Belgium, 10 December 2009
- High-level conference: Doing business with China - Looking ahead to the next decade - Brussels, Belgium, 9 December 2009
- SME Roundtable - Sustainability in China, opportunities for Dutch SMEs - Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 6 November 2009
- SME Roundtable - Market Access - Paris, France, 24 September 2009 China Advisory Council - Launch Meeting - Brussels, Belgium, 18 May 2009